|Thursday, August 13, 2020|
|MOVING GUIDE AND HELPFUL FORMS|
Some frequently requested forms:
INFORMATION ON EXPORTING VEHICLES FROM THE US
Due to a recent increase in stolen vehicles leaving the country, US Customs has taken extra measures to examine vehicles and vehicles paperwork before they leave the country.
As your freight forwarder, RelogistiX, Inc will require the following documentation to comply with US Customs laws:
If you do not have a lien on the vehicle and are in possession of the title:
- Original title
- Photocopy of your driver's license
- Photocopy of your passport
- Photocopy of your current registration
- Please advise us your social security number, so we can complete export documentation on your behalf.
If there is a lien on the vehicle, and you are not in possession on the original title:
- In lieu of the original title, you will need to make a trip to the Department of motor vehicles to get a certified copy of your title, or certified record of the title.
Please note that notarized photocopies are not acceptable.
- If lien on car, original letter of permission for export from lien holder.
- Photocopy of passport and driver's license
- Photocopy of current registration
- Your social security #.
If you have any questions with the above information, please feel free to contact your RelogistiX relocation coordinator at 703 707 8940 for clarification.